In-depth analysis, research & insights on the 2018 Ontario election like no other.
ONPulse is a 360 public affairs solution for the upcoming provincial election led by Abacus Data and partners Summa Strategies & Spark Advocacy.
This research programme will track the opinions, priorities, and reactions of Ontarians to the political showdown between Kathleen Wynne, Doug Ford, and Andrea Horwath. Based on a benchmark study of 5,000 Ontarians tracked from early April, ONPulse will track how these Ontarians' views will shift four more times over the campaign between now and election day.
Of interest to companies, industry & trade associations affected by or intersecting with the provincial government, this research and advisory programme will educate an in-depth understanding of how you and your priorities will fit into the political narrative coming up to the 42nd Ontario election.
In practice, ONPulse deliverables will provide you with:
- Data and in-depth analysis from some of Canada's top experts in government relations, public affairs advertising, research, and strategic communications.
- Ongoing advice and commentary on the campaign play by play from insiders on all sides of the political spectrum.
- A custom concrete action plan to guide you to advocacy success.
Use the buttons below or contact Abacus Data.
$5,000 CAD (+HST)
- 5 Detailed research reports based on 5 waves of polling and associated commentary throughout the lifecycle of the campaign.
- A biweekly “listen in” strategy conference call where performance of each party will be discussed in depth by the project leads. Once the writ is dropped, the frequency of the call in will increase to once a week.
- A post campaign wrap report, answering “so what now?”, with an analysis of how your issues and priorities are expected to play out throughout the new governments' term.
Everything in the "Core Package", plus:
- The inclusion of up to 2 custom questions into the research survey to be tracked and shared with you only.
- A media scan of campaign issues in key municipalities and riding level races on a weekly basis once the writ is dropped.
- A database of candidates seeking election in all ridings in Ontario, with links to candidate websites with contact information as well as social media profile information, provided well in advance of the election.
- Client-specific advice on advocacy during and post-writ from the Summa strategy team before and after the campaign.
- A scan and analysis of the third-party advertiser registry on a weekly basis, scanning for new activity and providing an in-depth audit of who is registered (unions, interest groups, private individuals). This offering will provide an analysis of tone, potential target audiences, and platforms over time, marking any shifts in tone or campaign intensity that may occur over the course of the campaign.
About the research partners:
Abacus Data has quickly emerged as one of the country's leading public opinion research and strategy consultancies advising companies and governments on the unprecedented risk and challenge of generational change and technological disruption. Our team has over 40 years combined research and consulting experience working with associations to use public opinion research to inform internal strategies and raises issues on the public and government agenda.
Summa Strategies is well positioned to help you put your best foot forward with whatever government comes in. Our experienced, multi-partisan team of consultants have built relationships across all parties in the province, and can help you craft your advocacy plan from June 8th onward, from the first 100 days, to the first year of the government's mandate.
spark*advocacy is a boutique public affairs communications and advertising firm in Ottawa. At our core we are storytellers, we believe in beautiful design and crisp messaging that combine to shape reputations, debates and create awareness. Our backgrounds in politics, research, design and advertising inform everything we do, from branding to infographics, from web design to video. We create advocacy and awareness campaigns from a small project to full scale advertising to share and spread your most important messages to the audiences that matter most.